Here are answers to our most frequently asked questions:
Q: Is the facility open to the public?
A: Yes. We are open to the community. All members must be 18 years old or older to join the UF Health Fitness and Wellness Center.
Q: Where can I park?
A: Parking is free in the retail area of the South Tower parking garage for up to 3 hours, parking enforcement is done by parking and transportation and is camera enforced.
Q: Can my family join?
A: Yes. Anyone over the age of 18 can join the UF Health Fitness and Wellness Center
Q: What are the hours of the Fitness Center?
A: Monday through Friday: 5:30 a.m.- 9 p.m., Saturday: 7 am-1 pm. Closed Sunday.
Q: What are the membership fees?
Q: Does the facility have lockers and showers?
A: Yes! There are both men’s and women’s locker rooms with individual showers and changing areas.
Q: Is there an initiation fee?
A: Yes. There is a one-time, $50 initiation fee for all fitness members. There is no initiation fee for Medical Fitness members.
Q: What is the Medical Fitness program?
A: Athletic trainers and exercise physiologists from UF Health Rehab Centers have developed a medically based, supervised fitness/wellness program. The program benefits those who have just completed rehabilitative therapy, have an on-going medical condition or have been referred by their physicians to begin a supervised fitness/wellness program.
Benefits of the program include but are not limited to:
- safe, medically based exercises designed to improve strength and fitness
- supervision by experienced athletic trainers and exercise physiologists
- bridges the return to general wellness after completing a structured rehabilitation program
- improves fitness of those who have been diagnosed with diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis, hypertension and other chronic diseases
- training is limited to 6 or fewer members per exercise specialist
- monthly or quarterly memberships available