Athletic trainers and exercise physiologists from UF Health Rehab Centers have developed a medically based, supervised fitness/wellness program. The program benefits those who have just completed rehabilitative therapy, have an on-going medical condition or have been referred by their physicians to begin a supervised fitness/wellness program.
Benefits of the program include, but are not limited to:
- safe, medically based exercises designed to improve strength and fitness
- supervision by experienced athletic trainers and exercise physiologists
- bridges the return to general wellness after completing a structured
- improves fitness of those who have been diagnosed with diabetes, cancer,
osteoporosis, hypertension and other chronic diseases
- improves health for all levels of fitness, no pre-existing condition necessary to participate
- can be used as a cost-efficient alternative to personal training, retaining all guided training benefits and staff expertise without the incurred cost
- training is limited to small groups
- fitness memberships available
- 12 visits per month and unlimited workouts per month memberships available
Medical Fitness is offered at the UF Health Fitness and Wellness Center. For more information, please call 352.733.0834.