Q: Is the facility open to the public?
A: Yes. We are open to the community. All members must be 18 years old or older to join the UF Health Fitness and Wellness Center.
Q: Where can I park?
A: UF Health Fitness and Wellness Center offers free parking for all of its members. Parking is automatically free from 5:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and any time after 3:30 p.m. in the south parking garage off of SW 13th Street. Parking during the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. requires a parking pass from the UF Health Fitness and Wellness Center. Be sure to stop by the front desk to get your parking pass.
Q: Can my family join?
A: Yes. Anyone over the age of 18 can join the UF Health Fitness and Wellness Center
Q: What are the hours of the Fitness Center?
A: Monday through Friday: 5:30 a.m.- 9 p.m., Saturday: 7 am-1 pm. Closed Sunday.
Q: What are the membership fees?
A: Click here to view the membership fees.
Q: Does the facility have lockers and showers?
A: Yes! There are both men’s and women’s locker rooms with individual showers and changing areas.
Q: Is there an initiation fee?
A: Yes. There is a one-time, $50 initiation fee for all fitness members. There is no initiation fee for Medical Fitness members.
Q: What is the Medical Fitness program?
A: Athletic trainers and exercise physiologists from UF Health Rehab Centers have developed a medically based, supervised fitness/wellness program. The program benefits those who have just completed rehabilitative therapy, have an on-going medical condition or have been referred by their physicians to begin a supervised fitness/wellness program.
Benefits of the program include but are not limited to:
- safe, medically based exercises designed to improve strength and fitness
- supervision by experienced athletic trainers and exercise physiologists
- bridges the return to general wellness after completing a structured rehabilitation program
- improves fitness of those who have been diagnosed with diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis, hypertension and other chronic diseases
- training is limited to 6 or fewer members per exercise specialist
- monthly or quarterly memberships available