Top 10 Reasons to Join UF Health Fitness & Wellness
10. Cardio. All cardio equipment is by Star Trac. The same company that the Biggest Loser uses for it’s clients. The cardio equipment includes: treadmills, ellipticals, recumbent and upright bikes. Each piece of equipment will have it’s own embedded TV screen as well as a dock for your iPhone or iPod to listen to your favorite tunes or watch any downloaded TV shows or movies. Track your progress with the EFitness web-based program. This is a free service for all members.
9. Strength. We are one of the first facilities to have the new Star Trac Inspiration line. This equipment features many user friendly options that allow you to adjust the machine to your settings from the seated position. No more circling the machine to get it to fit your needs. The facility also has a free weight section and stretching section.
8. Staff. All staff have a minimum of a BS in Exercise and Sport Science. The staff has a combined experience of more than 30 years. Our knowledgeable staff will be there to help you.
7. Locker rooms. The facility has both men’s and women’s locker rooms. Each locker room has individualized showers as well as lockers to store your belongings.
6. Atomosphere. Second to none. UF Health Fitness and Wellness Center is a comfortable, supportive and welcoming environment. The Fitness Center is an upscale, clean facility. A great place to start or end your workday.
5. Personal Training. One on one and group personal training will be available by our staff. With more than 30 years of experience, our staff can meet your needs.
4. Medical Fitness. Benefits of the medical fitness program include, but are not limited to:
- safe, medically based exercises designed to improve strength and fitness
- supervision by experienced athletic trainers and exercise physiologists
- bridges the return to general wellness after completing a structured
- improves fitness of those who have been diagnosed with diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis, hypertension and other chronic diseases
- training is limited to small groups (6 or fewer)
- monthly or quarterly memberships available with a referral from a Healthcare Provider needed in order to join this program
3. Hours of Operation
- Monday thru Friday 5:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Saturday 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Sunday closed
2. Wellness. UF Health Fitness and Wellness Center is committed to improving your fitness and wellness. Let our staff help guide you along your path to wellness. See how joining our gym will help decrease stress, improve your mood and increase your fitness level.
1. Convenience. Located street level of the new South Tower Parking Garage on SW 13th Street
For more information, or to find out how to join, please call 352-733-0834.